We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Collection of personal information
"Personal information" (also referred to as "Personal Data" in some jurisdictions) is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you.
Information we collect from you
We collect, process and use your personal information when you:
- register for a new account or log into an existing account;
- visit our website at www.zestandzing.co.uk;
- order products from www.zestandzing.co.uk;
- use our services; or
- ask us a question through our Contact Us link.
The information we collect is typically related to the product or service you request and includes:
- your name and title;
- address and email address;
- log-in details;
- nature of the product or service requested;
- information relating to payment; and
- related information so that we may fulfill your request.
If you choose not to provide certain key information, this may mean that we are not able to provide you with all of our services.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud.
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
Cookies and similar tools
We use browser cookies and similar technologies (collectively, "cookies") to collect and store certain information when you use, access or interact with our website. A cookie is a small text file which is sent by a website, accepted by a web browser and then placed on your hard drive. The information collected from cookies lets us know that you visited our website in the past, and helps you avoid having to re-enter information on each visit in order to use some of our products or services, among other things.
Common uses for cookies include:
- Identifying visitors who have signed into a protected website to avoid users having to submit a username and password for every page;
- Keeping track of visitors' preferences regarding the content they would like to see and the format they would like to view it in so they do not need to resubmit the preferences every time they visit the site;
- Keeping track of visitors' shopping baskets or wish lists;
- Keeping track of which pages visitors request to make improvements to site content and navigation; and
- Engaging in analytics about how the website is used.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with legal and other services that you request;
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve our services;
- To send you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To understand how people use our services, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- For our business purposes, including data analysis; submitting invoices; detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications;
- To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protector your, our, or others’ rights.
How we may share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize our services, send newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services and analyze information.
- Protection of rights and other legal purposes. We may share the information we collect, including personal information, with any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Legal bases for using your personal information
There are different legal bases that we rely on to use your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract – The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, as a user of our services we will use your personal information to respond to your requests and provide you with such services.
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our products and services and the content on our website or application.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites not owned or controlled by Zest & Zing. Zest & Zing does not have any control over these third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware of these other third-party websites and their privacy statements, as we cannot control and are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Security and data retention
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that we collect. We evaluate these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known.
However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We retain the information collected via our website for [insert length of time the data is retained] following the last time you [describe from when the data retention period starts]. After that time, we may aggregate the data and retain it for analytical purposes.
Please note that the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union where the laws governing data collection and use may differ from EU law. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers, or our processors' servers, are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. We take great care in protecting your personal information and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it when it is transferred internationally.
Automated decisions about you
We also make automated decisions about you based on your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to select personalized offers, discounts or recommendations to send you based on your shopping history, browsing history;
Subject to local legal requirements and limitations, you can contact us to object to our use of automated decision-making.
Your choices and your rights
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an automatic email.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.
Consistent with legal requirements and limitations, you can also ask us:
- to see what personal information we hold about you;
- to erase your personal information;
- to port your personal information; and
- to restrict our use of your personal information.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please contact us at email@example.com.