Sumac Roasted Asparagus (Vegan)
Asparagus is a deliciously tasty vegetable that's packed with nutrients. Perfect for spring and summertime, this recipe makes a wonderfully light but flavour-packed starter or side dish. Sumac is an unlikely pairing but it works perfectly here! If you've been wondering where to use that unique little spice (a Turkish berry actually), this is a great place to start.
Sumac Roasted Asparagus
Cooking time: 25 minutes
A bunch of asparagus (trimmed)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and trim the stems off from the asparagus;
- Preheat the oven to 175 deg C;
- Place the asparagus on a baking paper-lined sheet tray;
- Drizzle on the olive oil and then generously sprinkle on the sumac. Roll the asparagus so that the oil-drenched sumac is evenly spread and sprinkle on salt;
- Place in the oven and grill for 20 minutes;
- Taste the asparagus - it's best when it has a soft crunch!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Spice Recipes | Zest & Zing