Spicy Tomato & Lentil Soup
This autumn recipe is the perfect lift me up when the clocks go back and the days get shorter. Healthy, simple and full of hot flavour thanks to the special touches you get from Zest & Zing. Our Calabrian Chilli is a great additional to elevate this soup with a kick.
Fusilli Pasta with Pesto
Cooking time: 45 minutes
500 gr cherry tomatoes
1 cup of vegetable broth
1/2 cup of puy lentils
3 cloves garlic crushed or blended.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Rinse the lentils with cold water;
- Fill a medium pan with the olive oil and add the garlic, cook on a medium heat till the garlic infuses the oil (3 minutes);
- In the meantime, chop the courgette into small pieces;
- Add lentils and courgette to the pan cook for 3 minutes on medium heat;
- In the meantime, prepare the broth and blend the cherry tomatoes in a blender until smooth and fine;
- Add half a cup of broth initially and the cherry tomatoes to the pan;
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils have softened;
- Add the lemon juice, mix thoroughly and taste for your desired consistency, for a more liquidy soup add more broth;
- If needed, add also a splash of cooking water;
- Season with Calabrian Chilli and Garlic & Parsley Sea Salt
- Remove from heat and let the soup rest for a few minutes before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Spice Recipes | Zest & Zing