Enjoy a delicious seasoning for a healthy asparagus salad, with our citrusy sumac full of flavour and the perfect balance of zest and zing.
Roasted Asparagus Sumac Salad
Cooking time:40 minutes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cider or white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
10 baby red potatoes
12-18 asparagus Spears
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sumac spice
10 small red tomatoes, thickly sliced or halved
1 bag (100-120g) of fresh mixed green leaves
¼ small red onion, finely sliced
- For the dressing whisk all of the ingredients together, season to taste with sea salt and black pepper and keep aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C.
- Halve the bigger potatoes and leave the tiny ones whole.
- Wash asparagus and cut the ends.
- Put vegetables in roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil and season well with sumac and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 20 min.
- If potatoes are still too firm, remove asparagus, increase the temperature to 190˚C and cook potatoes for another 5 minutes .
- Layer the green leaves onto a serving plate with the potatoes, asparagus and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with a little finely sliced red onion to serve.