Butternut Squash Soup with Aleppo Pepper Recipe
If you feel like a savoury winter soup, try this unusual twist on a classic: Sweet and nutty butternut squash with spicy and intense Aleppo pepper. Spices and raisins recreate Middle Eastern flavours, and the vegetables offer you a healthy, seasonal, and warm dish.
Butternut Squash Soup with Aleppo Pepper
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Finely chop onion, celery, and carrot;
- Clean and chop butternut squash;
- Soak raisins in a cup of water;
- In a big pan, melt butter (coconut oil) together with Aleppo pepper;
- Add chopped onion, carrot and celery and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes;
- Add butternut squash and chicken(or vegetable) stock;
- Bring to the boil;
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 30 minutes;
- Mix with an immersion blender until you obtain a creamy texture;
- Add drained raisins, salt, and nutmeg powder;
- Cook for another 7/8 minutes, while stirring from time to time;
- You can add more or less stock, to change the final texture of the soup;
- Serve hot.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.