A Valentine’s Treat: Easy Almond Milk Oatmeal with Spices
Wondering how to start out Valentine’s Day with an extra special moment? Show you care with a nutritious yet indulgent treat, complete with aphrodisiac spices...
This recipe is perfect to make for that special someone as breakfast in bed or just a cozy wintertime treat. A bowl of almond milk oatmeal is made more unique and even more delectable by the addition of warming cinnamon and luxurious vanilla bean powder.
These spices are both aphrodisiacs, so they’re a great way to start out Valentine’s morning. The aroma of cinnamon stirs up feelings of excitement and vanilla can bring on feelings of euphoria and anticipation.
I love the addition of Zest & Zing’s spices because it takes an ordinary breakfast dish and lifts it up to create a moment to savour. The nuts give it texture and crunch and you could even add fresh bananas, berries, or coconut if you fancied a bit of fruit.
Served warm or cold (if you make them overnight), these almond milk oats stand out on a special occasion, but you could also make them part of your everyday routine for a healthy breakfast that only feels indulgent.
By using almond milk, this recipe is dairy-free and vegan. If you use pure oats, this is also a gluten-free recipe. Be careful though, some store-bought oats can be cross-contaminated or processed with wheat, so check the label!
If you want to ensure that you’re using the freshest, most vibrant premium spices in your oatmeal, have a look at our new gift set, A Taste of Romance by Zest & Zing. You’ll get the cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, and two other aphrodisiac spices perfect for cooking Valentine’s Day dishes - ginger powder and Calabrian chilies.
Here’s how to make our easy almond milk oatmeal with spices, including a video of the process. Let us know if you try it out!
Almond Milk Oatmeal with Spices
- 100g oats
- 60g chopped nuts (your choice, but we like walnuts, pecans, or cashews)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Zest & Zing Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Zest & Zing Vanilla Bean Powder
- 200mL almond milk
Directions for Overnight (Cold) Oats:
- Add the oats, cinnamon powder, vanilla bean powder, cashew butter, maple syrup, and chopped nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Add the almond milk and stir well until everything is combined.
- Cover and place the ingredients in the fridge overnight. The oats will absorb all the delicious flavours during this time!
- The next morning, remove your overnight oats from the fridge and serve with sliced banana, an extra sprinkling of cinnamon, chopped nuts, or any other toppings you fancy!
Directions for Stovetop (Warm) Oats:
- Mix the oats, cinnamon powder, and vanilla bean powder in bowl together.
- Bring the almond milk to a boil in a pan on the stovetop.
- Stir in the oats and spices and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. During the final minute of cooking, stir in the cashew butter and maple syrup.
- Pour into bowls and serve topped with chopped nuts, a sprinkling of cinnamon, slices of banana, and any other toppings you like!